Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Few Pics

I have always wanted to know how people make their pictures look cool and retro, and so I went to my friend Google. I searched for a tutorial and found a pretty simple one. Below are a few pics using that technique, not that it's anything fancy or great, but it's another post, so I figured that no one would mind.



We were getting ready to head to the gym on a Saturday morning when we found out Ashley was pregnant. We still managed to make it there, despite our surprise.

This was a rare sunny afternoon in the winter. It's since been edited out, but the sky was a gorgeous blue and the tree house really stood out against it.
It seems lately that every time I look at Jolie, she is giving me the stinkeye. We were lucky enough to capture it today. Despite that look, she is pretty darn cute.

The birthday boy. He was about to take a swing at his Spider pinata. He was very excited, even if he was only armed with a fly swatter.

Surprisingly this face only came out at the end of the party and was not a reaction to anything at all. This was a self portrait and I think she really caught all her best features. Great job Bec!

6 comments:

Kurt said...

Wait.....so Ash is pregnant? Congratulations!!!

Kurt said...

But seriously, cool pictures.

Bec said...

I love your pictures. They look so cool. And retro. :) But seriously, did you honestly have to post that picture of me? You big jerk. Good thing we all know how gorgeous I really am in real life... (er...). :) And I love, love, love those pictures of my sweet babies! Jolie's stink-eye is absolutely captured in that one! I especially love her baby gut poking out from under her dress! hehe. And yay for a successful birthday party, for a happy birthday boy! Thanks again for all the help you guys offered, for the yummy gift, and for just generally showing up! We sure love your guts (especially Ashley's, as a baby is up in there)! Ha. xo

Sincerely,
The Scary, Nostril-Flaring Lady

bart said...

That picture of Jolie is awesome!!

Richelle said...

That is a neat technique. I like how they turned out! You have to become a photo expert so you can take lots of pictures of the baby when it's born and post them every day so we can see. Is it a girl?

Adam and Aubrey said...

Looks like you nailed the first lesson in photography. haha. Jerk. Nice pictures. Especially Bec's self portrait. But really, my fave is Jolie's stink eye.